Why you should be active in the labor market?

Hello, today I want to tell you something about why I like to be active in the labor market. I think this activity has a lot of advantages and not only for change the job.

Know the labor market

I read a lot of job offers, these give me a lot of information. I know what is popular in the labor market. I know what business need and where is a deficit. I think this very helpful on my job. When a lot of businesses use a specific framework, I think I should know about it a little thing. Maybe this knowledge is not useful now, but for the next project I could use it. The second advantage is I know what the specific company do. This knowledge is useful, when you find a solution. These companies a lot of time organizes a Meetups, so I can decide if I want to go to it. Finally, I know How much a programmer is worth. This is very dynamic, but we can average it for our comparison.

Get a feedback about yourself

This is why I like to be active. I have my opinion about me. My associates have an opinion about me too, but these opinions are different than the strangers people have. I got a lot of different opinions. A lot of advices which I implemented. Of course, sometimes I got a bad opinion, a lot of time I must to face with it, but always I try to be better and better in the labor market, so all about we talk I always analyze and I draw the conclusions.

Your job is the best which you know

Did you say sometimes "He has better job. I would like to have it too."? I think sometimes we envy someone's job. I did it too. I thought my peers earn more money, have a less stress job and have more developing job. Now, when I have a comparison, I know that more money is equals more stress or bad project. I compared a lot of companies with my and I still think I am in the best company, which I know. This is very motivational. Now, I do my work the best I can, because my job is worth it.

You are better and better

We can get experience for recruiting too. I think I am better and better during meet with a new employer. This is less stressful now for me. A lot of questions I have prepared like What kind of team I want or What kind of project I like. I have my option about a lot of asked things. I heard one sentence, maybe two years ago. "The unemployed, which is searching a job for a lot of time, is in a better position than you when you lost the job, because he have an experience." I cannot disagree with that.

Disadvantages

Yes, like a lot of things this has disadvantages. I don't like to say "I'm not interested in this offer". This is my disadvantage, because a lot of time I must say it. I think this is not easy, but fair. Yes, I couldn't answer, but this is very rude.

The second is stress and lost the time. I don't eliminate my stress. I always have a stress, so this is a hard time for me. I hope that I will absorb it, but now I have a problem with it. This is leaving the comfort zone, which is the most productive thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot