Leader vs commander

Did you think sometimes about What is the best manager for you? I think you did it. I think about it too a lot of times. I separate a lot of character and I create my own definition for leader (this is my favorite manager and person) and commander.

Commander

I start from the commander. I define it like a person who give a task and expect the employee will resolve it. I think this is a good person for old teams with a lot of experience, which like working alone without a manager. That person can't know a domain of problems, can't know how it will be resolved and can't know what are the problems. I think a lot of managers is like a commander. Of course I have maybe only one person with this character, but I heard a lot of stories about these people, so I think they are majority (yes, I am lucky).

I think that type of character is very helpful for teams, such I mentioned, have a lot of experience. I think that the person don't must know about something, because it know person who know. If you know what I mean. We need it on company, because he can focus on the goal without dispensers.

Leader

This is a person who I need on my current experience. Why? Because it not only give a task, but he wants to improve the team's skills. It knows that everything can be improved. It can help with this process. It sees the problems and try to solve it. It is like a team coach, team manager, scrum master and team member in one body. It works very hard, because it believes that the better team give a better gain. I think this role is very helpful for young people and inexperienced, but it can manage a team with differing experience. It knows how use the team's skill and what they should learn to resolve better task. It should assess what can make every member of the team and give him opportunely tasks.

If I could be a manager in the future, I would be like this person. I prefer to create the best team from beginning rather than get it done.

Summary

This is my short reflection, about managers. A lot of managers are both commander and leader, but I want to show you my definitions and I hope I will be working with the leader a lot of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot