Don't change project, change yourself.

Hi, everyone. I was on a lecture about "Don't change project, change your project." This was interesting, but I saw a bigger problem. The problem is not on the project, the problem is in us. I want to tell you something about my thought.

The main problem

A lot of people say that Scrum doesn't work, the project is bad, the business is stupid. You know that, right? I think everything can be changed, but how? We always should start from us. We need change our mindset. After it, we can change the problems around us.

To confirm my words, I ask you some question. Why your Scrum doesn't work? Maybe you are not agile? Who writes your project now? Why you still write a bad code on this project? Why new part of code you don't write separately? If your business is stupid, why you don't teach it? Why you don't want to help your business to get knowledge? Why you are not a smart business?

I think you never think about what should you change in yourself for resolve project problem.

Wrong, legacy code and architecture

The people in a lecture said they have the problems with architecture and code. They were looking for a solution and need an auditor. They said they will be needing an auditor in the future. I think they don't get a lesson from that situation. Why we need a code and architecture auditor? Because we don't learn of the our mistakes or don't have an experienced developer. The first problem we can resolve by ourself. The second problem we can resolve with our business.

I think we (developers) have a habit to don't change wrong code. In my opinion when we do something in legacy code, we don't want to think about how doing it better. We still write more the bad code. Add new if or case code. Instance of is our the best solution. Do you do it on your own project? I think that your answer is not. I think one of the solution is write new code separately. Maybe you don't change the quality of legacy project, but you are doing code with the best quality as you can.

Methodology, frameworks and tools

Do you have sometimes a feeling that scrum, agile, waterfall, frameworks which you use (like hibernate or spring) and tools is bad? What do you want to use, it is working wrong. I had that feeling, but I stoped. I though about it and change my mindset. The problem is in us, again. We don't use it correct. A lot of problems begin from our lack of knowledge. The second problem is that we want to use it in something where it won't be work.

We need use our tools correctly, we need to know how should we use it. Of course, sometimes frameworks and tools have the bugs, but often the problem is with our lack of knowledge.

Business

I read an awesome thing that we are a business. Yes, we (developers) are stockholders. This is our project too. We should have a united goal. The project should be easy to use, easy to develop, easy to change and make money. So, when you don't know how share this information to the business, the problem is with you. You should find a way to be piece of business, because only in this way you can change something on your project.

Summary

If you felt offended, sorry. I am not ideal too, but these things change my life and change my mood at work. Why? Because I have the opportunity to change something and this is my goal. I don't feel helpless. I can and I should do something to improve my project, so let's go and do it with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot