What I want in my job?

Maybe, I am different, but modern style of IT recruiting is not what I want. Sometimes I think I am not a programmer, but a baby who looking fun.

What is on job offers?

I read a lot of offers. The requirements are more or less the same. The experience in years, English level, know programming language, good communication skill and team player (this is measurable...) and git, Jenkins, sonar or other tools. I often have a problem with these requirements, because when I know programming language or when I know tool? I think I can say I know a tool after watch 1,5 h tutorial, so I can meet a requirement of the job, after one week prepare. Is it correct? Sometimes better is learning new employee that tool. This consumes only the first week of work.

Job description is similar on all offers. Thinking, doing and contact with people. I think this all. Sometimes I think an employer looking people who do everything.

Benefits are cash, Multisport, private health care, playstation, foosball, a young dynamic team, a lot of fun events.

I think the template of offers is abused.

What I want?

I start from benefit. I would like having a chance to work with experts. This is the best benefit for me. I prefer to talk with experts 15 minutes, then play on playstation one hour. The young, dynamic team is often disadvantageous. Why? Young people don't have experience, they want a lot of things and this is bad for a project. I would like to have a team with people who have a different experience. The fun events are good, when I can go with family. The job is only job and after it I have a time for family, so this is not a benefit if the my requirement is not passed. The next benefit, which I like, is taking care about employee improvement. This is the thing which let me think that the employer will want me in the future and invest in me. The last of benefits I want a good tools (like IntellJ) for working and good laptop or computer, why? Because these things improve my speed of working, so I can do a lot of things faster.

I would like to know what I really will do on the new job. If you need a person, who will click one button every day, add this to your offer. I know that offer will be unattractive, but when I will get that job and it is worse than I think, I will leave it. You waste my time and your time. I think this is the worst way. Of course I get a lot of information during recruiting, but I still waste my time, when I get this information too late.

For requirements I don't have advice. I think this is a very unusable piece of offer. Why? Because description of job should give me an information about what I will do and after it, I can assess whether I will do it.

Summary

I know, I don't change the world, but I hope that one person changes something in their job offers and it will be more usable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot