How to increase own knowledge every day and don't go crazy?

Hi everyone. I was in the programming school and the members asked me a lot about how learn that all knowledge of programming? I had a little advice for them. A lot of people start by reading books and documentation. Sometimes they do tutorials. Yes, this is helpful, but it is only for beginners. If you want to learn more, if you want find something new, I have a solution for you, which is not tiresome. This way of learning is very motivating and interesting for me.

Local meetup

You can rise your knowledge during talk with the experts or aficionados. They like to share its knowledge. They like to talk about solutions, problems or projects. This knowledge a lot of time is unique and you won't get it anywhere else. Meetups are often loose (pizza, beer, talks). That is a good time to talk with more experienced people.

If you want to find some meetups in your town, you should start from the www.meetup.com site.

Comapny events

A lot of corporations organize the events, where their experts show a presentation about problems or solutions which they use for their job. This is a good time to meet the company. Sometimes on these events you can talk with HR, the recruiter and developers. It is very good, when you want to get a job in this company.

Conferences

If you want to get information about trends you should go to conference. A lot of people who interesting computer science want to share their solutions. The topics often are new every year. After conference I always have a time for reflection and compare my actual knowledge with new knowledge. I think that kind of events let you think about solutions, architectures or problems which you are.

YouTube, Pluralsight

When I have a little time at home, I watch the tutorials on YouTube or Pluralsight. This is always loose watch, but I always get something new from it. I do it instead watch the TV.

Book

During travelling I like to read the books. I prepare one or two books. I choose that method in travelling, because I want to resting from the computer. The book is a good alternative, but the previous ways to learn is faster and better.

Codingame, codewars, kata

The last way to learn is programming for fun, achievements and increase repeatable skills. I like codingame, because we can implement a bot and fight with other bot. This is very funny and motivating, because we get the achievements and better and better league. We resolve the real problems and we see a result for that. Codewars and kata are the way to increase our skills. It lets us do something a lot of time, so every implementation, we are better and better. Sometimes I prepare my tests, which I use to implement a functionality by different way.

Summary

I know a lot of ways to learn something new. I think we have a good position and we have more events than other profession. I prefer to use each of it, because all of them is very good for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot