The goal without plan is only wish

Today, I want to tell you about planning our goal. Why we need to plan our goal and what we should do during the planning.

What we need to do during the planning?

In my opinion, We should ask to three questions. What we want to do, why and how. The answers to that question will be our plan. Easy, right? I think not, because a lot of time we don't know what, why and how.

What?

This is globally goal. This should be measurable. Why? We should be able to define the end of this goal. Bad example for that is I would like learn English language, because when is the end of this? When I can talk to other people using English? Maybe when I can write posts on the blog using English? I think you understand now. If you want to learn English you should define your goal like, I would like to write an article about goal without a dictionary. I think this is a good goal.

Why?

A lot of people skip this step. I think this step is very helpful. We will better understand myself or other people when we define answer why? I must admit, a lot of time after defined why I understand I don't want make this goal. A lot of time, when I skip this step I break goal during do it. I prefer to define that. We can save our time with it. Why it is helpful? We have more motivation for this goal, when it is very important for us. We confirm that we want to do it. Sometimes for one answer we can make a lot of goals and maybe we think of next options. This is more helpful if this goal is team goal or other person's goal. This lets you organize it and understand the other people.

How?

When you know what and why you want to do, we need a plan for that. You should know how to start it, because when you don't start you never end goal. I prefer to plan all parts of the goal, because we can quickly detect something bad, like we can't do it, because we don't have money. On that situation, We can switch our goal to another like earning money for previous goal. We don't think about goal, when we do some task for our goal. I know it from autopsy. We need to separate thinking about how and do to get the goal. I can't do it together, so I like to prepare a plan and do it. I validate my plan every task, but I do it, after or before task.

What? Why? How?

I hope you get something from this post. I do it, because a lot of time my goals were only wishes. I never do it, but a lot of time I think I will be happy when I do it. I think this is good for scrum too. Answer for the good question, let you get a goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot