One good way to learn something

Sometimes I am looking for way to learn something. I found one good way to do it. I share you my observations about it.

Step 1. Find the problem

When I want to learn something, I often start by finding the problem with it. This is the most important point for it. Why? When we have a problem we have motivation to resolve it. Maybe not you, but I have a problem with the forgiveness of yourself before resolve it. This is my way to focus on the problem and to not enjoy.

Step 2. Resolve the problem using your new knowledge or finding a solution

You should resolve your problem using the knowledge which you want to know. This lets you remember your solution and understand your knowledge. I think practice is the best teacher. So lets it teach you. During resolving a problem you something wants or should read more about a solution. Maybe you learn more about it because you will want to know how it works. I a lot of times had such an approach. I didn't want only resolve a problem, I wanted to know how it works and why.

Step 3. Save your solution and get back to it sometimes

I like to save my working on disk or git repository. I sometimes read my solutions. This is funny, because I often smile during read my solution, because I know about better now. This is a good repetition of your knowledge. Sometimes is good thinking about your old problems, because it should resolve your a future problem. A lot of times I look into the past how I resolve or do something. During this recollect I create new solution for problems. I don't know how it works, but sometimes I join my solutions and knowledge to one pattern which is the best at that time.

I don't think this way is good for anyone

A lot of people don't have the aptitudes to resolving a problem. Maybe this way is good for it, because it should learn how resolve problems, but It will need a lot of time for this. I know a lot of people better learn something by heart. This way is not for these people.

I don't like and I can't learn by heart. I always have a problem with it, but I have a talent to understand something. When I read about problems or solutions I understand it and remember, so presented way is the best for me. During resolving problems I will learn solution because I understand what I do. Theories are problematic for me to understand. I have a second talent which makes it easy for me. I like resolve problems. I am good for it. So I feel good after resolve another problem.

Examples for you

I think the best for you is my own examples.

I always want to learn English. I know about my weakness. That was the small quantity words I knew. I found a problem to resolve. This is my problem. The blog where I write posts using English. I think with the next post I am better.

I want to learn Ruby on Rails, because I read about it a lot of positives. I started by found a project for it. A project which I wrote was a JoinOrders which I have in bitbucket repository.

I want to learn Ruby too. I need a language for text processing. I don't have a specific problem, but I want to know language for automation my work. A lot of times I lose thinking how use this language. I use it on codingame.com during writing bots on games. This was funny, motivating and learning. I think this is a good point to start learn any language.

The last example is my blog. During I was writing a post a lot of times I read about problems which I wrote. I recommend this way to learn anything. This is a motivation to read more and more about something. Sometimes you are forced to ask about something your colleague. You learn faster, because you have to do it.

Summary

I hope I give you one more way to learn something. I hope you use it at least one time and It helps you learn something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot