My goals in 2019

Hello, I want to declare my goal in 2019 like a post. The first reason is that I want to have a place with my goals. It is my promise to me. The second is that I think I can be an inspiration for your career goals, so let's go!

I want to automate my work and live

The first thing, which I wanted to do in previous years, is creating an automatic script for my job. I want to create a simple menu which allows me to automate my job like pulling the newest develop branch after login to notebook or run compile, test, run all modules and open the browser by one click. This is what I wanted and I declare to do it in 2019. I want to create a very flexible script, because I want to share it, so I think the result will be on this blog. I give to me a term for a simple, but flexible menu to end of February 2019. This should be to use to other kind of my life. Not only for work.

Books, books everywhere

I have the books to read:

  • Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design. Author: Martin Robert C.
  • I think this author is very good. I have read his Clean Code and He opened my eyes to some problems.

  • The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
  • This is a very good book. This blog is inspired by this. I like to return to it and this year is the best time to it.

  • Something about testing
  • I like this topic, but I don't know the good book of this. I am just looking for some book.

  • Something about UX
  • I think this is a future, so I want to prepare for it and start using it before it is fashion.

  • Something about personal improvement
  • I like to improve myself, so I want to read something new. Maybe some way to working or way to learn. I don't know now, but if you have some good book for this topic, please tell me about it.

I want to show my presentation about TDD on MeeTech.

This is to leave from my comfort zone. I want to do something more that I must. This is new for me, but I think very good and interesting. Maybe, my career will be close to this action. I don't know, but I like to share my knowledge and this is one way to it.

Mastering Python

I learned Python in the two previous months. This action was for creating clean and flexible scripts. I want to develop my skill in Python, because I see a potential and growing popular of it. This is a good alternative for me. I tried Ruby and Ruby on Rails, but I had a problem with the version and compatibilities. I don't have time for refresh information about Ruby, so I chose Python. Good for me is that it is very similar to Ruby.

Summary

These are my major goals for IT career. I estimate that I will finish all to half of the year. My problem is that I have a lot other things to do with my life, health, family, so I shouldn't plan more than I can do. I have the minor goals too, but I think I will do it on free time between the major goals. Of course I can still write the posts on my blog, so it will consume my time. What will be next? I want to master UI framework. I wrote a lot in Angular and React, but my skills are very easy, so I think this will be the first thing.

Finally, I want to wish you reach the all goals and dreams in new years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot