What You really need to start using TDD

Today I tell you something about tools and things which is being necessary to start writing with TDD. Why? Because If you don't use it, you will lose your motivation. You won't see results and improvement. Finally, you won't use TDD.

IDE!

Good IDE allows you to increase write tests, switch between code and test, run test, debug and check results. This is important for me, because programmers lost a lot of time by these operations. If you use TDD you will do these operations a lot of time, so you need something to reduce spending time. After wise choose, we can go to another step.

Know shortcut

To better reduce spend time doing another operation than writes code we need know the shortcut. I know about the begin You can have a problem with remembering it, but I am sure if you use it for two weeks you will use it automatically. I know it from autopsy. If you choose your IDE I think of the internet, you can find a table with shortcut for your IDE. I have on my desk, one for IntellJ, so you don't need change, configure or create it. You only need to start using it.

Change your mind

If you want to write tests first, you should change your mind. The first thing which you should change is thinking about test case, but don't about implement. Why? You should create test without any production code. In my opinion, this top of the improve on TDD. Created test is clear and understandable, because it was created in real test/use case. About this I will write a post later.

Second thing what you should change is create code step by step. This is a problem for us, because we like creating a lot of functionality on one step. I know it, but If you want use TDD then you should write for one functionality one test before it's implemented. If you cheat on only one time you will cheat on many times.

Better chair

You will be creating code faster and faster if you develop code with TDD. You need a good chair to it, because if you have a back pain you will create less quality test and you will have a problem with inventing good tests and parameters. It may seem ridiculous, but when I am in a bad mood or I am tired I always have a problem with concentrated on the test.

Summary

I give you advice how to start using TDD and what You need to prepare and use. The next post will be about base things on TDD. I will be happy if you put comments below this post. I try to create the best pattern to create good quality and fast test, so if you have an advice for me I would like to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why TDD is bad practice?

How correctly imitate dependencies?

Software development using Angular 5 with Spring Boot